The sky is cloudless today, the tree's shadow is eating the acorns, and the sun's light is giving birth to the apple orchard. I have no bad news, or places to be, just here in my backyard with the sound of flies and bumble bees buzzing.
I've waited so long for the bold smell of a barbeque, and the sweet taste of sugar-rimmed glasses. To celebrate the sleeveless weather, I spent my day drinking strong willed gin, and talking of my Summer calendar.
Sometimes, I wish I could find a magic Oak tree. You know the kind in fairy tales, where the leaves are made of money instead of chlorophyll. During the light of day, I could bend the big branches down, and pull the leaves into my pocket. Then maybe, my summer calendar would be filled with looking through windows at crop circles, dining on Italian feasts, visiting faraway family, and soaking my belly on sea rocks. Instead, I'll have to rise early for labor and teeth grinding in order to afford those airplane tickets...
(Maybe next year....)
Although I won't be sightseeing in Italy, licking European plates, or traveling anywhere this Summer, I will do my best to be happy at home where the sweet peas grow.
(This is my first Summer without school, so it just may be the greatest Summer yet.)
My Summer to do list:
- eat watermelon and pineapple every week
- play my banjo in the sun below the may tree
- swim in a natural lake
- listen to the birds in the morning very carefully
- play blues music on the porch while the sun goes down
- convince carter and my mum to watch the stars with me
- hike trails and follow the rabbits
- sip on slushies while stopping to smell the wildflowers
- visit my Vernon BC family and eat ice cream with them
- lay on cotton sheets naked with the windows open
- go to the calgary folk music festival and eat onion cakes
- plant flowers and herbs / don't let them die
- be happy and sun soaked e v e r y d a y
Clouds shaped like whales, buckets of iced tea, curtains all high and mighty
All I ever do is write about the weather, but when you feel the sweat dripping from your brow, and the light of Spring tickling your fingers, it's hard to think of anything else.
What are your plans for Summer??
white vintage dress *jumble boogie * $15
harvest floral crown *handmade*
Floral Tapestry Wedges *www.asos.com* $100
wearing cosmo pop lipstick from lime crime