To continue on my pursuit of becoming a better baker and overall better person, I made a batch of coconut cookies. I had originally planned to attempt a coconut biscotti but realized too late in the hour that I didn't have all of the ingredients (or was it because a biscotti sounds too daunting for an untamed baker like myself....) Either way, a coconut cookie was born! If you like pretending you know what a tropical island tastes like or if you just like coconuts, this is a nice and easy recipe to follow.
What you'll need for 3 dozen cookies:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
What to do with your ingredients:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Put aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the egg & vanilla
until light and fluffy. Gradually add & blend the flour mixture, mix in the coconut.
4. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned/toasted. Be careful, these cookies don't take very long in the oven!
The recipe and other reviews can be found here
Put cookies on a plate next to your pina colada or dip them into a hot cup of tea.
Enjoy life and don't eat flowers that are not the 'edible' kind :)