As a prairie girl whose hair only slightly curls at the touch of seawater, I have longed to find ways to make my hair bouncy without having to plan a trip to the sea. Although, I love the idea of swimming to reach my hair goals, life is here on the prairies. I've tried rag curls which work like tiny pieces of cotton magic, but I must sleep through the night in them and some nights, I toss and turn too much!
I was recently gifted an Irresistible Me curler in exchange for an honest review. Being born with very straight and very thick hair, I have always doubted curlers. Maybe, it's because throughout my life, curling wands worked more like wave-makers that lasted for less than an hour. I imagined saying yes to the review and if the curls turned into pancakes by the second hour, I would tell you and pout for only a moment before accepting the hair I was born under.
- It works!
- Different heat settings make it suitable for all hair types.
- Eight different types of curling heads so you can try different styles.
- You can aim for fancy curls, ringlets, naturally wavy or create your own curl.
- The curls stayed in all day without hairspray.
- On the day after, my curls had turned into natural waves.
- At first, I was taken aback by the lack of a clamp for holding your hair, I'm the furthest personality from hairstylist so I panicked, but there is a glove to wear so you don't burn your hand and after a few tries, it does get easier.
- You'll have to experiment often with the different curling heads to understand what kind of curl will form when you put your hair to it.
Well, I didn't have to pout. I didn't even have to look in the mirror and witness my curls growing dull with every hour. The curling wand worked, so I proceeded to take photographs!
click on photograph to be taken to original blog post